1. My all-time favorite movie: De Tweeling, directed by Ben Sombogaart. An absolute masterpiece. Nominated for an Academy Award for Best Foreign Film (The Netherlands, 2002). Outstanding orchestral score by Fons Merkies. His brilliant theme remains in my heart until this very moment.
2. Films that inspired me to become a filmmaker: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (dir. Peter Jackson, composer Howard Shore), Home Alone (dir. Chris Columbus, composer John Williams), The Chinese Botanist's Daughters (dir. by Sijie Dai, Composer Eric Lévi), Once Upon a Time in America (dir. Sergio Leone, composer Ennio Morricone) and of course, De Tweeling (dir. Ben Sombogaart, composer Fons Merkies).
3. Best movie I've seen in 2019: The Miseducation of Cameron Post (dir. Desiree Akhavan). Can't express how brilliant it was.
5. A director I would love to work with: Ron Howard
6. My happy place is: Making music- whether on the podium in front of an orchestra, playing the piano or in front of Cubase / ProTools.
7. My favorite hobby is: Hiking.
8. Most people don't know that I: often listen to film scores before watching the movies they were written for.
9. The most challenging project I worked on: Absentia (airing on AXN worldwide, and Amazon starting June 14th)- the 10 episodes crime-drama TV series which I scored earlier this year.
10. The project(s) I'm most proud of: